Skip to main content

inTiTernational ! 😍😍😍

So this morning's swim I met Sian ( my partner in the Bluetits)  in Tenby on north beach.
Sun shining, blue sky with just a touch of a breeze. As we walked along to where we would park our stuff we chatted and in usual Sian style made some noise to get everyone's attention 😂😂
We got into our costumes and as we walked along the sand to the Sea I spotted a man just watching us,  we get that a lot, more in winter obviously 😂 , I greeted him with a "hello" , I got a "hi there" back in an American accent ,he then struck up the usual conversation of "isn't it cold in there" etc  " oh we just love it we replied" . Sian in her usual playful self asked if he'd like to Join us, he hesitated so I chimed in that we'd look after him.
After a few seconds of what we could see was a bit of do I don't I join these mad ladies he agreed and in luck as I'd brought my robbie and towel!
He had shorts on underneath his jogger's so I assumed he'd been running along the beach.....
I couldnt get rid of the feeling I knew him, from where I don't know.
We introduced ourselves and explained about starting up a group called the Bluetits. He laughed and thought it was an amazing play on words!  Great I thought, he has a fab sense of humour so he'll fit right into our group!
His name was David so we immediately called him dai.
As we entered the water he said he had a lot of open water experience and skin swimming but not in the cold so was understandably nervous.
He took to it like a duck to Water pardoned the pun 😉
We had a little dip with him chatting about the group and ourselves and in return he told us he was visiting Wales with his girlfriend and that he loves Wales!  ( Who doesn't right)
As he did a little swim I turned to Sian and whispered "I think that's David hasslehoff , you know Baywatch man"  Sian immediately burst's out laughing and then he turns to us and with a playful smile on his face winks at us!
I'm absolutely stunned!

As we got out he had a massive smile on his face and said how much he enjoyed it.
We offered him another chance to swim with us but this time in the north of the county maybe st David's?

He immediately said yes and so after offering hot chocolate and cake to warm  up we swap details about a swim in st David's.

I'm overwhelmed at how easy a fella he was and a great sense of humour to boot. I liked him!

So Bluetits who wants to swim with David Hasslehoff in st David's?
Times to be arranged.

Wow what a day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice training

30 October 2018 I just want to say that everything I do in this blog is my own decision,I am not encouraging others to do what I'm doing or saying what I'm doing is the right way to do it, I'm sure I'll make mistakes along my journey. Please be kind as sometimes I'm an idiotπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ Woke up this morning to a very sharp and heavy frost, Jack had been hard at work through the night indeed! The thing that went through my mind as I opened the curtains to the frost was WOW then Oh Shit this ones gonna hurt! This is my first Ice training of the season, the last swim at the pond was 9.8 and that was a sharp acknowledgment to the temperatures dropping fast. Preparing my bag for the swim I was trying to be methodical as possible and trying to remember what it was like last season so with that in mind 2 hot water bottles went in, my hot flask of camomile tea ( usually hot chocolate) loose easy layers, thick fluffy socks, fleeced lined boots ( 2 sizes too big) onsie, hat

Winter training week 12th November

This last week has Been so up and down, water temperatures have been so reactive  to the weather at the pond. At one point it was back up to 9 degree's so quite frustrating but still all good acclimatisation training. This Sunday was cooler. I felt it immediately getting up that morning as we tend not to use the heating, yes I know a cheap skate on paying for heating but all good for environment too eh?😁 I don't have to take my son to work this morning so I get to go early and catch the pond before the sun hits it hoorah! My hubby is not best pleased at this....."FFS woman it's Sunday morning" , so after a bribe he agrees to get a move on and come to the pond with me. I've eaten a good warming breakfast today.....left over curry on toast πŸ˜‰.. And packed my bag. I've put my swimsuit on underneath my clothes today to be ready and try and limit my faffing. The drive to the pond is always exciting, my tummy rolling with nerve's, I can honestly say I&